At Heygreen Community Primary School, we have a school motto, which focuses on the main purpose of school… to learn
‘Sharing, Caring & Learning Together and the main thing is Learning!’
It is our aim to ensure the best possible opportunities in life by:
Ensuring our children leave school with an acceptable standard of reading, writing & mathematics.
- Encouraging and inspiring our children to have a thirst for knowledge and enthusiasm for learning.
- Promoting healthy and safe lifestyles.
- Teaching our children the difference between right and wrong and the importance of making informed choices.
- Encouraging our children to be responsible citizens of the future.
- Developing the skills and abilities of our children so that they can work both individually and in a team.
- Teaching our children the importance of respecting others.
- Raising aspirations.
At Heygreen, we have 9 key values, which have been decided by both pupils and staff and are which in-line with the Government’s recommended teaching of British Values. Each week in assembly, children are presented with a special Heygreen certificate if they have demonstrated any one of the following key values.
Our school logo is an important part of school life. The person in the middle represents a Heygreen pupil, the three leaves on the inside, act as the school motto “ Sharing, Caring & Learning Together” and the 9 outside leaves represent the 9 Heygreen values of the school.